Connecticut law requires any dog six months or older to have a current rabies vaccination and license.
This license must be renewed annually in June. A late payment penalty of $1.00 per month begins July 1, 2022.
What you need to register your dog:
1. Request completed
2. Current rabies vaccination certificate
3. Proof of sterilization or sterilization, if applicable
4. Payment: cash, money order, credit card or check payable to the Milford Town Clerk’s Office.
Woman or man: $19.00
Castrated female or castrated male: $8.00
Credit card transaction fees:
For new dog licenses, there is a $1.50 credit card convenience fee.
For online renewals of existing dog licenses, a convenience fee of $1.75 per license applies.
4 ways to register your dog:
- In person: We are open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Mail: Milford Town Clerk’s Office, 70 West River Street, Milford, CT 06460. Click here for application.
- ONLINE NEW DOGS ONLY – Click here for an online application. If you select courier for license delivery, we will email you regarding payment and send you your new license.
- ONLINE RENEWALS ONLY – Effective June 1 – August 31 Click here to renew your existing dog license.
- If you renew your dog license online, you will pay online and we will mail your new license to you.
- You must have a valid Rabies Certificate to renew online. To update your anti-rabies certificate, please contact our office!
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call us at 203-783-3210. We are here to help you in any way!
Click here for more information on the Animal Control page