Editorial Note: We earn a commission on partner links on Forbes Advisor. Commissions do not affect the opinions or ratings of our editors.
Capital One Credit Card Portfolio already includes several options with strong culinary rewards. Now this reward structure is even better. Effective November 15, 2022, Capital One has introduced additional benefits on select cards in partnership with Uber.
Earn 10% cash back on Uber purchases and Uber Eats
With the new partnership, four credit cards will now automatically earn 10% cash back on Uber and Uber Eats purchases when paying with their eligible Capital One credit card:
There is no cap on the amount of rewards you can earn through this partnership. Once the cashback is credited to your account, you can redeem it like the rest of your balance. Generally, requesting statement credits or a mailed check (minimum thresholds may apply) will result in a better return than using your rewards to pay for purchases from online merchants like Amazon and PayPal.
All four cards mentioned above have already earned competitive cashback rates, but a 10% earning category is incredibly unusual, especially for cards without annual feewhat are the SavorOne, SavorOne Student and Quicksilver Student.
Food and transportation purchases made from providers other than Uber or Uber Eats will continue to earn at their normal rates.
Featured Partner Offer
Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card
Up to 8% cashback
Earn unlimited 3% cash back on dining, entertainment, popular streaming services and grocery stores (excluding supermarkets like Walmart® andRead more
17.99% – 27.99% (Variable)
Excellent, Good (700 – 749)
The Capital One SavorOne card is an ideal cash back credit card for high spenders in restaurants, groceries and entertainment. With its 3% cash back rate in these categories, it’s a win for socialites who don’t want to pay an annual fee.
Advantages and disadvantages
- No annual fee
- Increased cash back on dining and entertainment
- No foreign transaction fees
- Easy to redeem cash back
- Introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers
- High Standard APR
- Limited Cash Back Categories
- Earn a one-time $200 cash bonus after spending $500 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
- Earn unlimited 3% cash back on restaurants, entertainment, popular streaming services and at grocery stores (excluding supermarkets like Walmart® and Target®), plus 1% on all other purchases
- Earn 10% cash back on purchases made through Uber and Uber Eats, plus free credits on Uber One account statement until 11/14/2024
- Earn 8% Cash Back On Capital One Entertainment Purchases
- Earn unlimited 5% cash back on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel, where you’ll get Capital One’s best prices on thousands of travel options. Conditions apply
- No rotating categories or registrations are required to earn cash rewards; plus, cashback rewards won’t expire for the life of the account and there’s no limit to how much you can earn
- 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months; 17.99% – 27.99% variable APR after that; 3% fee on amounts transferred in the first 15 months
- No foreign transaction fees
- No annual fee
Enjoy a free Uber One membership
In addition to the higher earn rates, eligible cardholders will also receive a free subscription to Uber One until November 14, 2024. Uber One normally costs $9.99 per month, but includes several discounts and savings. Members receive $0 in delivery charges and up to 10% off eligible Uber Eats delivery and pickup orders, 5% off Uber rides, and other special offers and promotions. Minimum order sizes may apply.
Registration is required, but should only take a minute or two. Cardholders will need to open an Uber One membership, either online or through the Uber app, and then set their eligible Capital One card as the payment method. Each month, after payment is made, Capital One will reimburse members with a statement credit to offset the Uber One membership fee.
Eligible cards include Savor, SavorOne and Quicksilver Student cards.
Additionally, three more cards will receive up to six months of free Uber One membership after sign-up:
Keep in mind that these three cards are only getting six months of membership by November 14, 2024 rather than the full two-year term. If you don’t want to pay for Uber One after those six months, you’ll need to set a reminder to cancel your subscription when your promotional period ends.
Despite the shorter promotional period, it’s still a big plus for anyone who uses (or will use) Uber.
More perks are always a treat for customers and make Capital One’s solid lineup even more appealing with options from their standard, student and even secure card options.
These perks are a perfect fit for the Savor line of credit cards, which already included high pay rates for meals and entertainment and likely appealed to members who like to go out. Rewards at a rate of 10% are extremely generous and are in addition to the benefits offered directly by Uber One. Quicksilver cardholders may also appreciate these added benefits, especially since they’re easy to enroll and the annual card fee doesn’t change.
Capital One cardholders should take this opportunity to ensure their eligible cards are linked to their Uber accounts to easily make order and/or membership payments to take advantage of these benefits beginning November 15, 2022.